It is no secret that eggs are packed with a complete list of advantages for the human body but did you know that these benefits are also useful to our pets? Pet parents everywhere are feeding raw eggs, shell and all. Not only is this “whole food” an inexpensive and safe source of raw nutrition for your dog, but eggs are also one of the most nutritious and balanced choices you can make for your pet! Being packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, where can you go wrong?
Eggs are a great source of…
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B12
- Fatty Acids
- Calcium (especially yolk and shell)
- Omega 3’s
- Choline (Supporting brain development)
- Provides a healthy and shiny coat
- Can aid in improving brain function
- Improves the strength of muscles, bones and teeth
- May help to prevent Cataracts and other visual problems
- Helps to promote healthy pregnancies and lactation for breeding dogs
- Helps to reduce inflammation in the body
- Boosts immune system reducing risks of infection and degenerative diseases
Grab an egg and don’t be afraid to share with your pet! Whether cooked or raw, your dog will still receive great advantages. If you are a Barf World customer, you know that the Barf World diet includes egg in every recipe and provides these ‘eggcelent’ benefits to your pup every single day!
Stephanie, is a Registered Nurse and proud mother, of 4 whom has always loved animals and the purity and beauty they bring into the world. She enjoys researching current trends and evidence based practice in the pet industry and relating it to the healthcare industry for humans. She has passion in discovering new found knowledge with other pet owners like herself.